About the Pecos Boot Trail
Howdy y’all, and welcome to the Pecos Boot Trail, a public art project brought to you by the Pecos Chamber. Start by picking up your very own Pecos Boot Trail Guide at the Pecos Chamber. Swing into the organization or business that sponsors each boot to collect a stamp. Then bring your completed book to the Pecos Chamber to lasso your very own Pecos Proud prize!
We're Pecos Proud
Being home of the world’s first rodeo, you can bet our history is chock-full of bull ridin’, gunslingin’, and tellin’ tall tales. The story of Pecos dates back to around 1873, when the famous Chisholm Trail, Goodnight-Loving Trail, and the Butterfield Overland mail route all crossed paths right here.
In Pecos, we’re proud of our city, proud of our heritage, and proud of our people. Come travel the Pecos Boot Trail with us and discover the history and beauty of Pecos along the way!
An Artist Steeped in Western Lore
Painted by the famous Western muralist, Stylle Read, each 8-foot boot along the Pecos Boot Trail is an authentic work of art that highlights a piece of Pecos’s rich history and celebrates our diverse community and culture.
About 150 of Read’s murals can be found across the state, especially in towns like Pecos, where an affinity for Old West and ranching heritage runs deep in our hearts. Read is one of Texas’ most recognizable muralist.
Energetic and Unstoppable Art
Joe Pagac isn’t only an artist of many talents, but also an experienced world traveler with an unquenchable passion for connection with people, cultures, and communities. This makes him a wonderful person to know and work with on our Pecos Proud Boot Trail!
Born and raised in Tucson, Arizona, Joe is known for his commercial and public artworks as well as for his impressive performance art—such as creating 30-foot murals in a matter of hours during events and live painting on stage. Never content to stop growing, he also enjoys building massive 2D and 3D set pieces for shows, parties, concerts, and charity events.
1. MILLION DOLLAR DAIRY QUEEN 1226 S EDDY ST
2. WEST OF THE PECOS MUSEUM 1 120 E DOT STAFFORD ST
3. WEST OF THE PECOS MUSEUM 2 120 E DOT STAFFORD ST
4. PECOS CVB 100 E DOT STAFFORD ST
5. LA FIESTA CHILI 1313 S CEDAR ST
6. WESTEX COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION 268 RAUL FLOREZ BLVD
7. 2T PARTNERS 525 S OAK ST
8. REEVES COUNTY TEACHER CREDIT UNION 312 S CEDAR ST
9. TOWN OF PECOS CITY 115 W 3RD ST
10. Z-TEK CONSTRUCTION 201 S OAK ST
11. WEST OF THE PECOS RODEO 1500 S CEDAR ST
12. WEST TEXAS NATIONAL BANK 100 E 6TH ST
13. SCHOOL SPIRIT 910 S. EDDY ST
14. WEST OF THE PECOS RODEO 2 1500 S CEDAR ST
15. WEST TEXAS EYECARE 611 S. OAK ST
16. REEVES COUNTY VETERANS OFFICE 510 S OAK ST
17. REEVES COUNTY SENIOR CENTER 505 S PARK ST
18. WELLSPRING APARTMENTS 2327 S ARIZONA AVE
19. REEVES REGIONAL HEALTH 1 2323 TEXAS ST
20. REEVES REGIONAL HEALTH 2 2323 TEXAS ST
21. REEVES COUNTY PROBATION OFFICE 700 W DAGGETT
22. TEXAS NEW MEXICO POWER CO. 1126 STAFFORD
23. UNITED SUPERMARKET 2783 S CEDAR
Y'all come back soon for more!
New boots are scootin’ into town soon, so don’t be a stranger. After all, you’re now a part of what makes us Pecos Proud!